Canberra Secrets Highlights tours showcase Canberra’s attractions and the city sights, but also take you off the beaten tourist path so you experience the Canberra that locals know and love. These tours are tweaked to cater for participants’ interests and any previous knowledge of Canberra. Perfect for visitors, those new to Canberra and even long-time residents!
Contact us to book now!
You will be escorted throughout Canberra, visiting the sights, learning about the establishment of the capital and gaining a local’s insights and discovering Canberra ‘secrets’. This tour is your key to unlocking Canberra’s heart and soul.
What sets Canberra Secrets Personalised Tours apart from others?
- You are getting a tour with the very best – author and Canberra identity, Marg Wade.
- Marg has published three editions of a very successful guidebook, Canberra Secrets, with the latest edition published in 2018.
- Twenty years of in-depth research as well as keeping up to date with what’s happening in Canberra now.
- Your tour leader is a passionate Canberran, a font of knowledge, and loves to share things past, present and also the natural environment – yes, she’ll find kangaroos for you – she also has a secret technique to get up close and personal!
- Marg has regular guest spots on local radio stations ABC Local Radio, 2CA and 2CC so knows what’s interesting and topical.
- You’ll discover and see quirky things about Canberra that you won’t learn from anywhere else.
- These tours are not filled with tired, churned-out tourist rhetoric. You will receive factual up-to-date information, entertaining narrative, great stories of things from ‘behind the scenes’, and, most importantly, you’ll have fun!
- Taking in the view from Mt Ainslie and learning about the Walter Burley Griffin’s plan for the capital
- Travelling past the memorials on Anzac Parade and throughout the Parliamentary Triangle
- Viewing national attractions including the Parliament House, Museum of Australian Democracy, National Archives, Australian War Memorial, National Museum and Carillon, Botanic Gardens, Canberra Nature Park, and visiting some of these
- Question time at Parliament House (when Parliament is sitting)
- Spotting kangaroos
- City architecture
- Tidbinbilla Nature reserve and sights further afield
- Learning about Canberra’s cultural, natural and pioneering heritage
- Experiencing the Last Post closing ceremony at the Australian War Memorial.
Each tour provides you with your own unique experience. You’ll see the sights but also discover the ‘secrets’ and the quirky things that are little known, behind the scenes. Tours vary to allow flexibility, spontaneity and to give you the best possible experience.
You will be collected from your hotel, or at a central point in the city at 9.30am for a full day tour, or 1pm for a half day tour and be returned at the conclusion of the Canberra Secrets Highlights tour, at around 5.30pm. While you are transported in air-conditioned comfort, there will be some walking, so please wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and wear a hat. Water is provided.
Full day tour $220 per person
Half day tour $189 per person
Family day tour $550 (2 adults and 2 children – over 8 to 17 years old). Please contact me to discuss younger children requirements.
What you receive on a Canberra Secrets tour:
- A premium product
- The best tour guide Canberra has to offer — decades of researching and promoting Canberra on radio, television and through three editions of the book, Canberra Secrets
- A passionate Canberran who shares the secrets of the city and keeps up to date with what’s happening in Canberra
- Modern, comfortable vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off, or meeting at a central point in the city
- Afternoon tea
- A fabulous experience of Canberra
- A really enjoyable and fun time, that will leave you wanting to discover more of Canberra Secrets.
Contact Canberra Secrets Personalised Tours now!
What they said:
Marg has an amazing knowledge and can tell really interesting accounts of things about Canberra. She’s spot on with her information. We had a ball! Frank and Suzie, Ottawa, Canada
I can’t thank Marg enough for going out of her way to show us the sights that we asked for. She is so lovely in her delivery and provided such a professional service. Charles, Perth
This tour is such value for money. There was even a special secret treat at the end of the day. Very unexpected, but very much appreciated. Thank you Canberra Secrets, we’ll be back. Tania and James, Sydney